Being quite far north in the UK we have the benefit of light nights in the summer. Already Mr Mac and I have still been out working in the garden at 9pm (just once though!).
At this time of year when there is so much to do outside, it is great to be able to work well into the evening. The last thing you want to do is spend hours in the kitchen making dinner.
I found a little booklet last week called 25 Quick Fixes – meals in 20 minutes or less! There are some great recipes for quick but tasty meals. I tried this one and it was delicious…and it definitely took less than 20 minutes to make.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- olive oil
- mini chicken fillets about 350g or just cut 2 chicken breasts into thin strips
- ground cumin 2 tsp
- chicken stock 300ml hot
- couscous 150g
- mango chutney 3 tbsp
- spring onions 4 sliced into 3cm pieces
- coriander a small handful roughly chopped
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a wok or large frying pan. Sprinkle the chicken with the ground cumin and cook for a couple of minutes until lightly browned.
- Pour 200ml of the chicken stock over the couscous and leave to soak for 5 minutes.
- Add the mango chutney to the chicken, stir well and leave to bubble for 2 minutes.
- Add the remaining chicken stock and spring onions and cook for 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Fluff up the couscous with a fork, stir half the coriander through the couscous and the remainder through the chicken.
- Serve and enjoy!
For the health concious among you each serving has 505 calories and 10.4g of fat.