In anticipation of all the juicy figs our new fig tree is going to produce I thought I would share this lovely recipe with you. Last Christmas we had this as a starter, an alternative to the usual curried parsnip soup. It is quick and easy and very tasty. It takes 20 minutes and serves 8 people.
- 12 figs halves or quartered
- 3tbsp sherry vinegar
- 2tbsp caster sugar
- mozzarella, 3 balls torn into pieces
- 8 slices parma ham
- 50g rocket
- Put the figs cut side up on a baking tray. Mix the sherry vinegar and sugar then spoon over the figs. Grill for 6-8 minutes until glazed.
- Divide the figs between the plates then add the mozzarella, parma ham and rocket.
- Spoon over the cooking juices as a dressing.
Per Serving 276 kcals, fat 19g.